Friday 1 January 2016

reflecting on 2015



All in all 2015 has been a good year for me. I still may not have been in my ideal situation, living away from my family and friends, but in terms of personal growth (cringe), it couldn't have been better.

So what has happened this year? Well, I got my A level results which I was over the moon with, I officially became an adult, I went on an amazing holiday to the US and Canada with my family, my sister now lives up the road from me, and some of my friends actually moved to the same country as me.  Amazing.

I did a similar post this time last year (reflecting on 2014), and reading it back a year on has actually made me feel pretty emotional in a self-centred kind of way. Over the course of the year I have really learnt how to look at everything more positively, and for once can think about the future and feel excitement rather than dread. A year ago I never would have thought I would be nearly as content and confident as I am now. In the best way possible, the person I was in 2014 has completely gone.

It feels odd writing this post because my brain still thinks it's the beginning of the year, but I am more than ready to take on 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment