Wednesday 22 October 2014

6 Lipsticks You Should Buy

I'm not really much of a lipstick wearer really, but when I do feel that I'm in need of something on my lips, these are a few that I always lean towards. Either that, or they are always proudly displayed on my dressing table for me to admire and chicken out of wearing.
 
From left to right:
No7 Moisture Drench - Chic
Mac - Velvet Teddy
Rimmel Moisture Renew - Nude Delight

These three nude colours look very similar, but there are subtle differences that make me like them each individually.
  • This one from No7 (which I stole from my mum when I was about 11, so the shades might have changed) is quite a dark pink toned nude and has that kind of grown up sophisticated look about it. As the name would suggest it feels really nice and moisturising on your lips.
  • 'Velvet Teddy' is more on the brown side, but the main difference between this and the other two is that it is matte formula. 
  • 'Nude Delight' from Rimmel is a lot more of a lighter peachy colour and I would say that it is more sheer and glossy, almost like a cross between a lipstick and lip balm.

From Left to Right:
Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate - 107
Topshop - Depth 
Topshop - Whimsical

I'm not the boldest or most confident when it comes to makeup so I haven't got as many uses out of these three as I have the others, but I love them nonetheless.
  • You've probably heard about this Kate Moss lipstick already but if you're looking for a matte burgundy lipstick for autumn, this is a good one to go for.
  • I only bought Topshop's 'depth' lipstick very recently so haven't actually had the opportunity to wear it out. It is very very dark and a bit intimidating, but I really love the rich purple colour and do also really like how it looks on.
  • The last lipstick I want to mention is also from Topshop. 'Whimsical' is a very summery peach colour with 'pretty' being the best word to describe it.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the shade of 107, but I think it's a little too dark for my pale complexion, I did buy 110 the other day and think it looks great :)

    Great Post

    Lorilee
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12948547

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it looks good anyway! ooo I might have to try that one :)

      Delete