Saturday 2 August 2014

Silly little things that make me happy

warning : cheesiness ahead


"Little things seem nothing but they give peace, like those meadow flowers which individually seem odorless but all together perfume the air" - Georges Bernanos
 

For my birthday about a month ago, I got a book called 'my future listography'. It's a really cute book where on each page it tells you to write a list of 'moments in your life you don't want to forget' or 'the cities you want to visit' for example. Anyway I've been loving filling it in in my spare time, and it inspired me to write this post.
I think it's always good ( although difficult, I know) to think about all those little things that sound silly but can make your day that little bit better. Because that's what life's about really. I know that personally I found it hard to see the inportance in these things and it made me miserable. Sometimes it's those things that seem stupid and meaningless that, combined, make life worth living.
Whether it cheers you up, makes you think 'omg same!' or you're just a bit nosy - I hope you enjoy reading through my list either way :)

To me happiness is:

• fast internet  
• discovering a good song
• new clothes
• summer evenings
• watching youtubers
• singing loudly in the car
• popping bubble wrap
• putting on my pyjamas at the end of the day
• knowing I don't have to wake up early the next morning
• when a song I like comes on the radio
• the smell of wet concrete after it rains
• fresh bed sheets
• discovering a good restaurant
• peeing after holding it in for a long time
• choosing presents for people
• long hugs
• cooking a successful meal
• taking a half decent selfie
• chips.
• getting into bed after a long day
• taking a photo I'm proud of
• finishing a drawing
• laughing so much it hurts
• getting a text/Facebook message
• completing a level on candy crush
• finding money i forgot I had
• getting a follower on Instagram/twitter
• warm summer rain
• having a tidy room
• pretty buildings
• getting a compliment
• eating something delicious that I know isn't bad for me
• big waves in the sea
• flowers
• cuddles with my dog
• when the person I like talks to me first
• being cosy in bed when there's a storm outside
• when tea/hot chocolate is the perfect temperature
• staying in nice hotels
• being in a city
• when people laugh at my jokes
• amazing skies and sunsets


No comments:

Post a Comment