Thursday 7 August 2014

my daily makeup


I personally really enjoy seeing other people's daily makeup products. Although alot of bloggers/vloggers will rave on about loads of different products that they love, I think that the real test is actually how much they use it. Doesn't the fact that someone is happy to be putting these things on their face almost everyday speak for itself?

That being said, I can't promise that these products are the best out there because I've only really worn a full face of makeup for about a year, but I can tell you that I love and favour these over anything that I've tried.
 
P.S. Please excuse the state of my makeup, it's just well loved.

Revlon Colorstay Foundation combination/oily skin - Buff

I tried this foundation for the first time a month or so ago because I wasn't happy with the foundation I was using and this one had loads of good reviews. I was using the Loreal True Match, which I know a lot of people like and it was ok, but I found that it didn't have a high enough coverage for my increasingly horrific skin and seemed to disappear off my face throughout the day.
The Revlon Colorstay is so much better in my opinion. It has good buildable coverage which I have really been needing recently *cries*, and as it is meant for oily/combination skin it has good staying power aswell. The shade I have is 'Buff', and for me this shade works really well because it's a very neutral shade; not too pink, not too yellow. Plus the fact that it has SPF 15 was handy when I was on holiday a couple of weeks ago #safetyfirst.

I dot this all over my face and then blend it with a Real Techniques Expert Face brush. If i'm wanting to look a little bit closer to flawless I'll make sure this first layer is really well buffed into my skin and then add another layer. 

 Mac Pro Longwear Concealer - NC15

For sooo long now I have been wanting to try some Mac products, pro longwear concealer included, but have always been scared away by the prices. Personally, I can't justify spending the majority of my money on one thing that is eventually going to run out. Fortunately though, birthdays exist, and so do parents. I'm not sure how long it's going to last yet but the quality of this concealer definately reflects the price. It has really good coverage and goes on really smoothly.
 
I wear this concealer under my eyes to subtly highlight as well as to cover up the dark circles and blend it in with my fingers. I would usually use this to cover up any spots but because it is a very light shade, I can't really at the moment because I have a tiny bit of a tan.



Classic Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm

 I LOVE this lipbalm. Yes it makes your lips soft, but so do a lot of lipbalms. What makes me choose this over the thousands of other lipbalms out there is that when you put it on, you get this minty, refreshing, tingly feeling on your lips. Trust me, it's really nice.

 Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara

After using, loving and running out of the original Falsies Mascara, I went and bought the waterproof version for my holiday. I actually prefer it to the original because I have found that it holds a curl so much better. I have really straight eyelashes naturally and this is the first mascara I have used that keeps my eyelashes curled throughout the day. Being waterproof, it is a pain to get off at the end of the day, but for nice lashes, scrubbing my eyes for 5 minutes in the evening is something im willing to do.

I always curl my eyelashes before I put on mascara. I used to think that curling eyelashes was a pointless thing to do and that the curlers looked terifying like some kind of torture instrument, but it seriously does make quite a big difference. I got mine from primark for only £1.



Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette 

This is something I have been lusting after for quite a while and is another reason why I love birthdays. I do actually think the amount of top quality eyeshadows you get for the money is pretty good and I love how you can do so many different looks with the one palette and every single eyeshadow is just so pretty.

I don't always wear eyeshadow but when I do I usually just keep it simple and blend 'Nooner' into my crease, put a bit of darkside in the outer corner and blend a bit of both under my eyes. I do all this with the brush that comes with the palette. 


 MUA Pro Brow Kit

This is actually the only eyebrow product I have tried so obviously I'm not an exactly an expert, but I do think this kit is pretty good, especially for the price. I actually think this might be a bit of a dupe for the Benefit Brow zings so if your looking for a cheaper alternative then I would recommend heading down the MUA route.

I have been eyeing up the Anastasia Brow Wiz but until I find a way to buy one in England or France, this is good enough and I will probably be buying another one.

Using a slanted brush, I mix the wax with the darkest brown powder so that I can fill in and set my eyebrows at the same time. Doing this also helps the powder stick and last all day.



Sleek Face Contour Kit

In this kit are two things that are so hard to find in the drugstore; a matte bronzer and a highlighter. The bronzer is so good for contouring because it's matte, it's got good pigmentation and it's not too orange like alot of bronzers tend to be. I also really like the highlighter because it's quite natural looking and is a really pretty pinky champagne shade. I think everyone who likes makeup should have this in their lives. Its such good value for money.

I use the bronzer to attempt to enhance my non existent cheek bones and up on my forehead to subtly contour and put a bit of colour in my face. I do this using a big powder brush to get a softer look. I don't like having too much shimmer on my face so I only put a small amount of the highlighter on my cheekbones and on my brow bone.


Rimmel Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder - Transparent

I'm not really sure what a 'Clarifying Powder' is supposed to do but I use this to set my foundation and concealer. It does seem to work and also gives my skin a soft look to it. I don't think it's anything special but it does the job.

With a powder brush I pat the powder onto my skin so that I don't wipe off any foundation with the brush.


 Primark Eye Liner

1£ for a pack of two? Dont mind if i do. I dont have much to say about this except that I haven't noticed a world of difference between these and slightly pricier eyeliners.

As a 13 year old, I went through that awkward eyeliner stage where I would try and line underneath but the line would be about an inch away from my actual eye (you know what I'm talking about). But I've learnt my lesson the hard way and now I will simply line my tightline. I think that doing this can make the lash line look more defined but without having an obvious harsh line.

Kiko Smart Lip Pencil - 712


Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector - Nude Shimmer 



 Mac Lipstick - Velvet Teddy

I'm not really the kind of person to wear something on their lips on a daily basis but when I do, these are the three things that I usually opt for. As you can tell, I do tend to stick to nude colours because I think that they can really finish off and improve your makeup but are really easy to wear, these 3 products especially.
I think that the shade of the kiko liner shown here is really good because it will go with pretty much any nude shade you could possibly put on your lips. 
The Clarins Lip Perfector is a very natural looing gloss but it somehow just makes your lips look really lovely. 
This is my first and only Mac lipstick and I am really glad I picked this shade because the colour is beautiful and I love the fact that it's matte. I would also say that it is quite Kylie Jenner-esque which everyone seems to be obsessed with at the moment.

When lining my lips I do over draw them very very slightly because I don't like my natural lip shape. I always smudge the liner into my lips a bit using my finger just so that the line isn't too harsh. On a day where I just want my lips to look natural but don't want them completely bare I will put a bit of the Clarins Lipgloss over the liner. If I want to look like I've made a bit more of an effort and more put together, I will put the lipstick over instead.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment